A farm in upstate New York is dedicated to addressing the painful history of farmwork to Black people in the US, while also growing fresh vegetables and community surrounding it. The Laura Flanders Show visited Soul Fire Farm this winter:
The Next System Project recently collaborated with the Laura Flanders Show in support of their series on gender, race, and the next system. They have aired a number of great segments on these important themes — and here are a few that we collaborated on:
- An interview on feminism and Marxism with renowned professor Zillah Eisenstein.
- Damayan Cleaning Cooperative: Helping One Another | Labor Trafficking Survivors Open Co-Op, on the efforts of an inspiring cooperative formed by formerly-trafficked workers.
- Dark Matter - Trans Lives Matter, an interview with the South Asian trans performance duo.
- Hilary Wainwright on Gender Equality: “We Want Better than That!”, in which renowned UK author and activist Hilary Wainwright talks about the early stages of the women’s liberation movement.
- Trump Hotel Las Vegas Workers Head to Trump HQ to Demand Contract, about women workers fighting for their rights.
And, our most recent collaboration:
- Soul Fire Farm: Feeding the Soul, Growing Community, about the initiative in New York State led by women from communities of color that work to feed underprivileged neighborhoods and build new social networks and connectivity.
There is more to come in this exciting series on gender, race, and the next system, so stay tuned and please help us circulate widely.